Inspired by the centuries old Gunflint Trail, right here in canoe country, our Gunflint model hearkens to days of yore. When cartographers still doodled sea monsters in the margins of their work and hard labor meant there would be food on the table. We believe there is still plenty of roll-up-your-sleeves work to be done. Our Gunflint model certainly is a workhorse. With a wide blade and fourteen degree bend it is built to move a lot of water. So, if you seek to ply the water on those days when the wind seems to thwart you with every stroke, this is the paddle for you.
- Gunflint Specifications
- Paddle Durability
- Shipping & Handling
Avg. Weight: 19-20oz.
Blade Dimensions: 8.5" x 18"
Wood Type: Western Red Cedar & Aspen
Blade is Fiberglassed
Shaft and blade are epoxied and varnished
Grip is bare
Paddle Durability: Wilderness Class I
CABIN CRUISER CLASS: While not recommended for the rigors of extended wilderness trips, since they don't have fiberglass reinforced blades or epoxy tip guards, they are great for cruising around the lake on day trips or gracing your cabin's wall. These paddles are a combination of hardwood and Western Red Cedar laminated together and have a heavy varnish finish.
WILDERNESS CLASS I: The defining feature of this class is that all the paddles are extremely lightweight. Every paddle in this class is made entirely of Western Red Cedar. Each blade is fiber-glassed and attached with an epoxy blade tip to ward off inadvertent rock swipes. While these are cream-of-the-crop in the weight department, they are mid-level wilderness paddles as far as durability goes. While hearty enough for any wilderness trip, some care while prying/twisting on rocks is recommended. And cedar is a soft wood so keep rubbing along the gunwales to a minimum. The moral of the story is this - lightweight and quite durable, but some care while paddling is required.
WILDERNESS CLASS II: The paddles in this class are destined to be paddled deep into canoe country on extended wilderness canoe trips. Each is a combination of Western Red Cedar with various hardwoods added for extra strength and durability. Each shaft is edged in hardwood to protect against damage from rubbing along the gunwales. The blades are reinforced with fiber-glass and attached with an epoxy blade tip to ward off inadvertent rock swipes. In other words, these are on the top shelf in our library, filed under durable.
- Please allow a couple days for In Stock orders to ship.
- Made-to-Order & Out-of-Stock: All lead times on these items are approximate.
After placing an order you'll receive an order confirmation email. Once you're order ships you'll receive a second email with shipping confirmation and any tracking information available. Our apologies, but both are generated emails with no human interaction. If you'd like to reach someone personally about your order please email or call - firstname.lastname@example.org / 507-313-6967
Returns, Exchanges, and Repairs Policy
Our primary concern is to serve our customers with top quality products, and a high standard of customer service. First and foremost we want to make it right. Please contact us personally with all inquiries for returns, exchanges, and repairs. Please provide as much information as you can and pictures are always helpful. Be assured that reasonable requests will be honored.
- All returns and exchanges must be in resellable condition.
- Merchandise (all items with the exclusion of both Artisan and Wilderness Paddles) must be returned or exchanged within 30 days of receipt.
- We will issue full refunds on items received damaged or on defective products.
- If you ship your returned/exchanged items back to us, we will issue a full refund including your initial shipping charges. Conversely, we can email you a prepaid return label and then we will refund your purchase minus the cost of shipping.
- Our paddles are guaranteed from manufacturer defects for one year with normal use. We will repair or replace both Artisan and Wilderness paddles up to one year from purchase when used under normal conditions. Photo proof is necessary. Normal use of paddles does not include misuse, abuse, negligence, accidents, normal wear and tear, damage due to environmental or natural elements, or failure to properly care for your padde.
If you don’t receive your shipment due to our error, we will reship your order for free.
If your order is not received due to a wrong address, refusals, or pick up failure, there will be a reshipping fee if you’d like us to ship your order again. Products must be returned to us before a refund, minus the cost of shipping, is processed.
International customers are responsible for all fees incurred once their order is shipped. This includes customs, duties, import taxes, levies, surcharges, tariffs, tolls, and any other fees that may be incurred. Failure to collect your order will result in forfeiture of shipping charges. Once the order is returned to us, we will refund the cost of products only.