Constructed with a carbon-fiber, Kevlar and fiberglass layup, cherry ribs, caned seats and trimmed out in ash and cherry hardwood the hull has a gel-coat finish in the classic Sanborn Canoe design that started it all: In the summer of 2009, as our first project, we built a cedar strip canoe and to give it a one-of-a-kind style we painted the hull. So as we launch our first line of Sanborn Canoes it is only fitting that we go back to that design.
Built in the Merrimack Osprey mold: constructed with a 39" beam to be stable enough to stand up in, this model is perfect for casting in those tight spots, and ideal for active kids. It is an excellent canoe for the experienced or inexperienced paddler. Extremely stable, lightweight and handles well either tandem or solo on streams, ponds, or lakes.
Named after John A. Latsch, a historic Winona(our hometown) figure and canoeist, who spent many, many days paddling the backwaters of the Mississippi River in Southeastern Minnesota. During his lifetime he also bought and donated more than 18,000 acres of land to various state parks and other recreational spots in the Winona area.
SHIPPING/HANDLING: If you would like us to ship your canoe there will be an extra charge. In general this will be $100-600 within the lower 48 states.
- J.A. LATSCH CANOE SPECS
- Shipping & Handling
Carbon-fiber, Kevlar and wood construction.
Beam 39" - Depth 11.5" - Bow Height 19"
Length 13' - Approx. Weight 48 lbs.
Capacity 600 lbs
If you would like us to ship your canoe there will be an extra charge. In general this will be $200-600 within the lower 48 states. Free within 100 miles of Winona, MN.
We'll try to keep you informed and updated to the best of our ability.
- Please allow a couple days for In-Stock orders to ship.
- Made-to-Order & Out-of-Stock: All lead times on these items are approximate.
After placing an order you'll receive an order confirmation email. Once you're order ships you'll receive a second email with shipping confirmation and any tracking information available. Our apologies, but both are generated emails with no human interaction. If you'd like to reach someone personally about your order please email or call - firstname.lastname@example.org / 507-313-6967
Returns, Exchanges, and Repairs Policy
Our primary concern is to serve our customers with top quality products, and a high standard of customer service. First and foremost we want to make it right. Please contact us personally with all inquiries for returns, exchanges, and repairs. Please provide as much information as you can and pictures are always helpful. Be assured that reasonable requests will be honored.
- All returns and exchanges must be in resellable condition.
- Merchandise (all items with the exclusion of both Artisan and Wilderness Paddles) must be returned or exchanged within 30 days of receipt.
- We will issue full refunds on items received damaged or on defective products.
- If you ship your returned/exchanged items back to us, we will issue a full refund including your initial shipping charges. Conversely, we can email you a prepaid return label and then we will refund your purchase minus the cost of shipping.
- Our paddles are guaranteed from manufacturer defects for one year with normal use. We will repair or replace both Artisan and Wilderness paddles up to one year from purchase when used under normal conditions. Photo proof is necessary. Normal use of paddles does not include misuse, abuse, negligence, accidents, normal wear and tear, damage due to environmental or natural elements, or failure to properly care for your padde.
If you don’t receive your shipment due to our error, we will reship your order for free.
If your order is not received due to a wrong address, refusals, or pick up failure, there will be a reshipping fee if you’d like us to ship your order again. Products must be returned to us before a refund, minus the cost of shipping, is processed.
International customers are responsible for all fees incurred once their order is shipped. This includes customs, duties, import taxes, levies, surcharges, tariffs, tolls, and any other fees that may be incurred. Failure to collect your order will result in forfeiture of shipping charges. Once the order is returned to us, we will refund the cost of products only.