SCOUT PROGRAM BASICS
Our goal with the Sanborn Scout is to build community and to equip folks with knowledge and a bit of inspiration for their next adventure.What is the Scout Log and who can contribute?
The Scout Log is a collection of stories that inspires others to get outside and find adventure. Anyone with a good story to tell, can contribute to the Scout Log. Typically things like a trip report, photojournal, how-to guide, or recipe collection make great posts. There are a few requirements for our Scout Log posts; so for more information feel free to email us at email@example.com for more details. We’re open to anything; so pitch us your idea!
What are some examples?
- How-to on knife maintenance and sharpening.
- Trip report of a canoe trip in the wilderness.
- Day-hike trip along the coast.
- A road trip hitting a bunch of National Parks along the way.
- How-to on canoe paddle strokes.
- Essay on the best ways to get outside more often.
- How-to start a fire.
- Weekend adventure down the river by kayak.
- A collection of favorite campfire recipes.
- Journal entry of when you took a friend camping for the first time.
Who are the official Sanborn Scouts?
A Sanborn Scout has a passion for the outdoors, excellent photography skills and a knack for storytelling. We like to connect with Scouts naturally, so we start with a guest post on the Scout Log and go from there. After a few contributions, we may contact you about become an official Sanborn Scout to receive a featured profile on our Scouts page.
How to get started?
Do you have a great idea for a Scout Log post or would like to contribute but want a little direction before you start out? The first step is to shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, your Scout Log idea, and a link to an example of your work (website, blog, Instagram, etc.). We’ll connect about the basics of submitting a post and and answer any other questions you may have.